Internet Privacy and Cookies Policy
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout your visiting experience.
Information That We Collect
In running and maintaining our website, we may collect and process the following data:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information, such as a newsletter.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
We collect and process your personal information and data in the following ways:
- On our websites when you visit or make or manage a reservation; when you use our contact forms for an enquiry.
- From your correspondence.
- If you contact us, (by phone, email, text or otherwise), we may keep a record of our correspondence with you to improve the quality of our offering and to prevent and detect fraud.
- When you register at Reception on arrival.
We may use your personal information and data in the following ways:
- To administer a booking or reservation.
- Send you emails or call you in relation to your stay.
- To contact you on departure to complete a questionnaire.
- To provide you with dietary specific meals and by collecting information regarding your dietary requirements.
Other communications, for example responding to requests or general customer service.
Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form for an email submission process, but we cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically. Sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Retaining Personal Information
We retain personal information about you for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law. If you have given us your email address, we keep this agreement but along with other required data. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner. We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Any personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act.
Non-disclosure to Third Parties
We do not share your data with any other company for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with agencies such as the police or government organisations where we are required to make such disclosures by any applicable law.
We may share your data with banks and payment providers, to authorise and complete payments.
Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties for them to sue for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
To make this website work properly, we place small data files called cookies on your device. A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. These pieces of information are used to improve services for you, for example, by:
- Enabling the website to remember your actions and preferences (login, language, font size and other display preferences), so you don't have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
- Measuring how many people are using our services, so they can be made easier to use and there is enough capacity to ensure they are fast.
- Analysing anonymised data to help us understand how people interact with our services so we can make them better.
Cookies cannot be used to identify you personally.
How to Control/Delete Cookies
You can adjust the settings on your computer to control or delete cookies - for details, see aboutcookies.org
. Enabling cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work, but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.